LONG POINT ECO-ADVENTURE’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
At Long Point Eco-Adventures, we are firmly committed to protecting the privacy of our customers online. Our pledge is to safeguard any personal information that customers provide us, and to make every reasonable effort to use this information only as customers choose. Long Point Eco-Adventures acts in accordance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and is a participant in the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act in Canada.
SCOPE OF THIS NOTICE
This privacy notice informs customers of our online privacy practices. By using our services, customers agree to the terms of this Privacy notice. The notice explains what information we collect from customers and how it is used in order to continue providing customers with outstanding services and experiences. For more information please contact us at the address listed in the contact section below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Our first goal in obtaining personal information is to provide customers with a meaningful, experiential, and personal website experience. Our second goal is to develop new activities and services relevant to current and potential customers. In other words, personal information allows us to provide customers with more of what they prefer and less of what they don’t.
Information Customers explicitly provide
In order to reserve a play & stay package, purchase individual activities, or to book various accommodations offered through the website or affiliate, customers will be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as their name, mailing address, e-mail address, company, and phone number. If a customer chooses to purchase activities or accommodations, they will be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date along with billing and shipping address information. Credit card and billing information is not held with Long Point Eco-Adventure’s and is secured by Blue Pay’s Secure Payment Processor. Customers can choose not to provide this information but then they might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
On some pages, customers can submit information about their company. For example, if a potential customer fills out a form on our Corporate Retreat page, a customer will need to submit information such as the company name, address, and phone number.
Information we automatically collect
We use common internet technologies to customize parts of the website for customers.
- Cookies: The Website uses "cookies," a small string of text that is stored on a website user's computer to permit the website to recognize future visits by that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the website. For example, a cookie would store customers’ user preferences, shopping cart contents, and to otherwise facilitate customers’ website experience.
A customer may choose to decline "cookies" if his or her browser permits, but doing so may affect their use of the Website and ability to access certain features of the Website.
- IP Address: System administration may aggregate IP addresses for analysis and to gather broad demographic information. A computer’s User ID will only be linked to an IP addresses when customers place an order for the purpose of identifying fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
- Information from Other Sources: Sometimes we obtain additional information from other sources and merge it with customer information we have collected on this site, as well as information they may have provided offline. We use this information as listed below.
Customer Information Usage
Customer information will be used to conduct business, such as:
- registering customers in corporate or school packages
- creating and maintaining bookings
- processing, fulfilling, and following up on reservation details
- answering customer e-mails
- communicating with customers and prospects
- sending friends, families and colleagues information on customers’ behalf (with consent)
- sending surveys and forms
- registering products
- notifying customers about promotions and other information regarding our products and services (see the section below entitled "Customers choices about receiving e-mail")
We also use this personal information to provide customers with information related to their account, the products or services customers purchased from us, to better understand their needs and interests, to improve our service and to personalize communications and a customer’s web experience.
Third Party Usage
A customer’s personally identifiable information will not be rented or sold to any third party. Long Point Eco-Adventures may share this information with the following:
- Companies who work on our behalf: We partner with other companies to perform business support functions on our behalf. These companies may be involved with limited access to personal information of our customers. We require these companies to use the information only to provide the contracted services; they are prohibited from transferring the information to another party except as needed to provide those services. Some of these companies include secure monetary transaction sites, customer survey execution, and information systems management.
- Law Enforcement: Long Point Eco-Adventures may disclose personal information to third parties without their consent for any of the following reasons: to comply with any law, regulation or court order, to cooperate with Government investigations, to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Long Point Eco-Adventures or its subsidiaries.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
As registered members of www.lpfun.ca, customers can review and update their reservation information, tour dates and times, as well as order Long Point Eco-Adventures memorabilia. Customers also have the option of sending an e-mail to the address noted in the "Contact Us" section below to request a change to their information, or to make a general inquiry. To protect the privacy of our customers, proof of identity is required.
SECURING YOUR INFORMATION
The website uses reasonable security methods to protect the data on our Hubspot servers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our servers. It is possible that information supplied through the website may be intercepted during transmission.
LEAVING THE WEBSITE
Lpfun.ca may contain links to and from other websites and Long Point Eco-Adventures is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage customers to familiarize themselves with the privacy practices of those external websites.
E-MAIL AND CONSUMERS
Customers may receive e-mail regarding their reservations or their tours and in response to their questions. Long Point Eco-Adventures may also send customers e-mail with information and/or special offers about promotions, events, and/or packages that may be of interest to customers, unless customers indicate they do not want to receive them.
We give customers an opportunity to let us know their preference in terms of receiving promotional e-mail when customers register for a service, provide us with their personal information, or when we send customers e-mails. If customers choose not to accept this promotional e-mail, they may not receive special offers that may be of value. This option applies to promotional e-mail only, as we may find it necessary to send customers e-mail relating to the products customers have purchased, their account or their orders. Promotional e-mail that customers receive from Long Point Eco-Adventures will tell customers how to decline receiving future promotional e-mail. Long Point Eco-Adventures will never ask for your credit card or account information over e-mail.
PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
Long Point Eco-Adventures understands the special importance of protecting the privacy of youth. We do not knowingly permit children under the age of 16 to become registered members of our sites, or to buy goods and services on our sites, without proven parental consent. Long Point Eco-Adventures does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information about children under 16, except with their parent's express consent.
This privacy notice was last amended on May 29, 2019.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Any questions or concerns about customer privacy when using the Long Point Eco-Adventures website can be directed to:
Long Point Eco-Adventures
1730 Front Rd.
St. Williams, ON
Long Point Eco-Adventures will work with customers to resolve any concerns guests have about this notice.